So its bittersweet around the Miller household, at least for me it is. We have been in our house here in Augusta for 2 years as a family, I lived there before we got married and then it was rented while we lived in Wadley. Needless to say we have had some fun memories in the house, also some scary ones!!! However, as much as I know we have totally outgrown our little house and we are So So excited to move, its still somewhat sad for me!!
As you know, we just brought our second daughter home to this house!
We had Chelsey's 2nd birthday at home, this was special because her first birthday had to be held at my parents house because ours was under construction from the fire.
Chelsey's 2nd Christmas was even more special in our house because it felt like her 1st Christmas all over again....
Because her 1st Christmas was a blur to us....
This picture stirs so many emotions....as we sat there as a family we had NO idea there were flames above us and what the next few hours would entail. We enjoyed the beautiful, warm fire, read the Christmas story from the Bible, put Chelsey to bed, exchanged presents with Charlie and around 10:00 decided to go to bed, once we turned the tv off we heard a strange noise in the walls, Charlie pulled the attic down, met me in the hall way and said "get Chelsey, call 911, our house is on fire" I can still here him saying this because he was SO calm....so calm I thought he was kidding, as I saw the smoke, I knew he wasnt kidding, and then there was NO MORE CALMNESS!!!
I cannot look at these pictures and not thank the Good Lord enough for keeping us safe that night, I cant help but look at them and think what could have been, the Lord has plans for us and I am so thankful!!!
Also to this day, every time I hear a siren or see a fire truck it still stirs emotions, I am SO thankful for the Augusta Richmond County Firemen that came to OUR house on the Christmas Eve instead of being at their own homes!!! They truly did an amazing job and we will forever be grateful!!!
So, even though Chelsey was not phased by the fire because we ended up at Papa B and LeLe's for 3 months, I know she will not remember her first Christmas, but she will hear the story and see the pictures and it will be one that we will never forget!!
All this to say, we will miss this house but we are very excited about our new adventure and new memories in our new house!!!